






Our last day at OBX, boo. We decided to take the ferry over to Ocracoke. Since we were up already with little man we got an early start. We made it to the ferry and were first in line at 7:30am! We had a few minutes before the ferry left so we walked into the visitor center to look around. I was just telling Jeff as we walked in that I forgot to pack me an extra shirt in the truck just in case. No sooner had I said that Jake spit up all over me!! Lesson learned, put extra shirt in truck! Our ride over was really nice and peaceful. I put Jake in his baby bjourn and we walked around the ferry. Once we got on the island Jeff pulled over and we walked out on the beach. You can find some of the best seashells on Ocracoke. Not many people visit the beaches. I got a bag full of shells. I saw in the water a conch shell and I had to get it. For some reason I thought tennis shoes and socks were a good thing to wear over to the island. Needless to say a wave got me and I now have wet shoes, lol. But I did get the conch shell!! After our shell hunting we drove to the end of the island and parked. We put Jake in his stroller and started walking around. We walked down the side streets and to the Lighthouse. It was drizzling the whole time but it made it not so hot. We stopped at one of the stores to get me a pair of shoes (note to self when at the beach keep an extra pair of shoes in the truck). It was really nice to see parts of Ocracoke that we hadn't seen before. We also went to Teach's Hole and walked through there very small museum. (It's not worth the $4, we have pictures to save you the money, lol) We did get a cute picture of Jake at the Teach's Hole! It was almost 11am and Howard's Pub opens at 11am. We have been told that is the best time to get in since they stay so busy. It is the main restaurant on the island. Jake slept the whole time while we ate our yummy food!! Jeff got his hush puppies and I finally tried fried pickles! They were good! After stuffing our faces we drove back to catch the ferry. On our ride back the ferry blew the horn and scared us all. Jake's face turned bright red and he screamed. I covered his ears the best I could and daddy took him and held him close. I think that was the only time Jake really cried our whole vacation. Poor boy! We made it back to the campground around 1pm. We spent the rest of the afternoon packing up some of our stuff, walking around the campground and chatting with people. We spent our last night hanging out next to the sound! We headed to bed fairly early so we could get an early start in the morning home!

No comments:
Post a Comment