What?!

What?!
We love you Jakie Shawn!!

Our Family!!

Our Family!!
Happy 1st Bday Jake!!

Look he finally went through his tunnel!

Look he finally went through his tunnel!
Thank you daddy for helping me.

So this is snow?!

So this is snow?!
Febraury 1, 2010

Our little monster!!

Our little monster!!
9 months

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Rest In Peace Haley Girl 1996-2010

Playing Outside
First Day of School and Work


Wow, where have the weeks gone? As many of you know I have started working. It has been an adjustment to say the least. My first week of teaching was pretty rough on Jake. He ended up missing 2 days of his first week. Our poor guy had his first ear infection. He went an entire year without being sick and the first week at daycare he got sick. He still has a nasty cough and a runny nose. We felt like he was on the mend and then today he has been so fussy and pulling at his ears. I did some looking around and now he has a tooth making its way in. I sure hope he gets a break soon. On top of being sick he has been trying to adjust to school. The last few days he has done much better. I am able to check on him during my lunch break. A few times when he has been awake he stays with me for the hour. I am enjoying being back in the classroom but I sure do miss my boy! I get to see him when he plays outside on the playground but I don't let him see me. I don't want him to get upset. He also got to go on a buggy ride with the other babies! And he had his first fire drill. They put 4 babies in the crib and roll them out into the parking lot. He is also starting to eat the school lunches and seems to be enjoying it.
The weather has been warm the last few days!! We have been taking Jake outside and letting him explore. He likes playing on his slide and swing. Today he did some raking with daddy! Jeff also took Jake and I on a tractor ride around the neighborhood. Jake is walking better and is able to stand up without having to hold onto anything. He is into everything and I mean everything!!!
Jake hasn't been sleeping well at night since he wakes up coughing. Well he ends up in our bed so we can all get some sleep. Jake wiggles and tosses and turns all night. I dozed off and woke up because he was crying. I couldn't find him. He had fallen out of the bed on Simba on top of the dog bed. Scared me so bad. Thankfully, Jake was half asleep and only cried for a few seconds. I put him back in the bed and back to sleep he went. We need rails up on our bed, lol. I don't want to jinx it but the last 3 nights he has slept in his crib all night!!
Our sad news is that Haley girl is no longer with us. Her health went down hill pretty past. The vet said she had lost muscle mass in her back legs causing her to fall and walk sideways. She developed cataracts, her teeth and gum's were so bad she stopped eating and she was messing in the house. The vet said chances are she was in kidney/liver failure. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make but I know in my heart I did the right thing. I didn't want her to suffer anymore. We miss you Haley girl!!
This coming weekend we are going to get away for the weekend! We are going on our first camping trip of the season. I am looking forward to some rest time. I am hoping for a fast easy week!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your pet...its so hard to let them go! Enjoy being back at work!! ~Jenni

    ReplyDelete