






Our sweet boy will be 1 in just a few short days. I look back over the past year and I wonder where it went. It seems like just yesterday and we were walking around the hospital waiting for this little guy to make an appearance! Now, he is walking and climbing up on everything!! He is so happy when he has made it up on the couch. I love seeing that smile. Jake now has 11 teeth and will eat pretty much anything you give him. His new favorites are chicken, carrots, wagon wheel noodles and popsicles!! He loves trying to open the cabinet drawers and has in fact broken a few of the child locks. He loves playing in the dog water bowl and he loves helping me do the laundry. I try to fold the clothes and well Jake has his own system. He likes to throw them, lol. Jake's facial expressions are priceless. He has a new squished up look, I will have to get a picture to give it justice. Our big trip this month was to Richmond where Jake got his first haircut. He looks so grown up now with his hair cut. He sat right in the cab hair cutting chair and did a great job while Allison cut his hair. Of course we got a cute picture and a lock of his hair for his scrapbook. Our next big event is his birthday! We have been planning and are almost ready for family to come over to celebrate. I promise myself I won't cry....well I promise I will try not to cry!
Our big news is that I will be going back to work full time. It's bittersweet, but its what will be best for our family. I will be teaching PreK and the good news is that Jake will be coming with me. He will be in his own room but I find great comfort knowing that we will be in the same building. I can check in on him and spend my lunch breaks with him. I am ready to work again but I am so nervous and pray that he will be fine and well taken care of. Today we went to Aunt Stef's and Jake stayed there while I ran some errands. That was the first time I have left him with someone else. He had a great time playing with her and cousin Trent. Not once did he cry. She will be watching him next Thursday and Friday while I do orientation. Then on Monday I start teaching and he stays in his classroom. I will miss our days together but after seeing Jake play with other kids I know it is important for him to be socialized with other kids and start exploring the world! I will treasure the next week of being home with my sweet boy!! The next update will be about his 1st birthday!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment