Monday, April 27, 2009
Jake's Doctor Appointment
Our boy is growing too fast! He weighed in at 13lbs 4oz, woohoo. He gained 2lbs in 3 weeks. He is 24 1/4 inches long. The doctor said he is off the charts for his age in the height department. He must get that from his daddy. I asked the doctor about Jake's eye color. She said usually around 6 months we will know what color his eyes will be. I hope they stay blue like his daddy's. Jake is holding his head up really well and is very alert. When you put him on his tummy he pushes himself up with his arms. It looks like he is ready to take off. I am not ready for my little boy to start crawling yet. Jake had to get 2 shots today. I made the mistake of watching them do one. My poor boy's face got bright bright red and he screamed. It was so sad, I had tears in my eyes. I picked him up right away and held him. Thankfully, the shots are quick and he won't remember them. I put him in his carrier and he was a sleep in 10 mins. We also had to increase his Zantac medicine. With his weight gain the medicine wasn't working for him anymore. Jake has been sleeping all afternoon, I am nervous about how long he might be up tonight. Oh well, he has had a hard day and needs his rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment